Research Metrics is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
For the purposes of our policy, we use the following definition:
“Personal Information” (PI) is any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person or that can be used with other sources to identify an individual. This includes but is not limited to: name, address, Phone number, E-mail address, race, nationality, ethnicity, origin, religious or political beliefs, age, gender, family status, etc.
The subject-matter of the collection, processing and/or use of personal data covers various categories of data, such as:
- Personal master data
- Contact details (names, e-mail addresses, addresses, phone numbers,)
- Demographic and profile details
- Contract master data (contractual relationship)
- Performance metrics and history
- Customer history
- Billing and Payment data (tax ID numbers, bank account numbers)
- Media files and information from media files
- Results from mystery shopping, mystery calling, mystery mailing and other marketing, service evaluation, market research and data collection and reporting projects
The personal data processed concern various categories of data subjects, such as:
- Independent contractors, such as mystery shoppers/callers/mailers/market researchers etc. and the subjects of such projects
These are the principles that Research Metrics LLC (“the Company”) follows while managing your Personal Information:
- Notice – The Company shall inform an individual of the purpose for which it collects and uses Personal Information. If PI is disclosed to non-agent third parties, the individual must be notified and presented with a choice and means for limiting the disclosure of their PI. The company must have the agreement of the individual for any disclosure or use of PI for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. An exception is government and law enforcing agencies in cases where the Company is required by law to provide such information.
- Choice – The Company shall provide the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether the individual’s PI may be disclosed to third parties or be used for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected.
- Accountability for Onward Transfer – The Company does not routinely disclose PI to third parties. However if the need should arise, prior to disclosing PI to a third party, the Company shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (to opt out) of such disclosure. The Company shall ensure that any third party to which PI may be disclosed subscribes to the same principles for managing PI, and agrees in writing to provide an adequate level of privacy protection. The Company may be liable for the appropriate transfer of personal data to third parties. Also note that the Company may be required to disclose an individual’s personal data in response to a lawful request by public authorities in order to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Security – The Company shall take reasonable steps to protect PI from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The Company has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure PI from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. The Company cannot guarantee the security of PI on or transmitted via the Internet.
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation – The Company shall only process PI in a way that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, the Company shall take reasonable steps to ensure that PI is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
- Access – The Company acknowledges the right of individuals to access their personal data and shall allow an individual access to their PI and allow the individual to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks of the privacy of the individual of the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals wishing to access their PII may do so by logging on to the website where they registered.
- Research Metrics LLC. has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU-US Privacy Shield, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Research Metrics, please visit the BBB EU-US Privacy Shield web site at www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/s for more information and to file a complaint. Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
- Research Metrics has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-Swiss Safe Harbor to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
- Relevance – The Company shall collect only as much PI as needed in order to conduct specific, identified activities related to its business.
- Retention – The Company shall keep individuals’ PI only as long as needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or as permitted by law.
Research Metrics LLC
1920 W. Sylvania Ave.
Toledo, OH 43613, USA
Phone: (800) 691-0288
Research Metrics LLC is not responsible for the content in external links on their website(s). Content and Privacy Policies are the responsibility of their respective owners.
IP Addresses and Logging
The Research Metrics platform uses logs extensively to help track processes in our system. Often times your IP address and account username are recorded in these logs. These logs may be kept for an indefinite amount of time.
The Research Metrics Platform has automated E-mailing functionality. Research Metrics LLC and their clients may from time to time enable this feature sending messages that they believe may interest the Independent Contractors in the system. These E-mails may be personalized with the data submitted or calculated by the data submitted. Users will have the options to opt-out of certain E-mails.
ResearchMetrics is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC